6 Reasons We Overeat
It’s an old story. The woman is pregnant, and she has strange food cravings at all odd hours of the day and night.
You are witnessing the human body trying to speak.
In this case, there are two bodies, the mother and the child. The child’s body is growing at a very fast rate. It needs all kinds of protein, vitamins and minerals, fats, etc.
Since neither the baby nor the stomach can talk to the woman directly, the body tries to send signals about what it needs.
These signals can and will usually be misinterpreted wildly. The body might need protein, but the brain interprets it as ice cream! It happens to us all the time, especially if we are deficient in certain nutrients.
There are places where people eat a certain white clay from the ground. They get addicted to it because their bodies are craving the minerals that it contains.
Our bodies are designed to tell us when we need food. It’s a built in survival mechanism. But imbalances in our nutrition lead our bodies and our signaling systems astray. We just hear “hungry” and start randomly eating to try to stop the gnawing hunger.
Then many of us end up over weight.
Then comes the shame and anger, but it’s not your fault.
For you to deal with overeating, it helps to know why. You might recognize some of the 6 Reasons We Overeat. If you recognize why you are doing something, you have more chance to change it.
Here are 6 of the top reasons we over eat.
- You Eat for pleasure. “I’m not hungry, but I want that amazing feeling I get from the “_____” . The brain pleasure chemical Dopamine gets stimulated when you eat certain foods.
Food scientists job is to spend all day every day perfecting flavor and texture.
They do this so you will buy their product. When they get the exact flavor where a food becomes irresistible, they have a name for it.
They call it the bliss point. For you, the bliss comes and goes in a moment. The aftermath stays with you.
- Reward: When you were little, your parents might have rewarded you for good behavior with sweets. So it’s natural to grow up rewarding yourself for various accomplishments with food. Maybe try a different form of reward.
- Consciously Overeating. You might have it in your mind that “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. So even if you don’t want breakfast, you will have it because someone convinced you it’s needed.
Just say No. If you aren’t hungry, don’t eat. Marketers strike again.
- Food addiction: People show addiction like behavior, just like drugs. This is from various causes, including genetic. Your body keeps asking for some vitamin or mineral, but you misinterpret the signal and send sweets, or whatever, instead.
- Revenge eating: You are going to show …..who? This is a self anger, self destructive behavior. Try to work through who you are trying to hurt, and eventually you’ll see it’s only you.
- Habit Eating. We get used to a schedule. “I eat every night at 6 pm, no matter what!” Repeating the same thing over and over makes it a habit. You can change the habit, break the schedule. Again, if you aren’t hungry, don’t eat.
There is a way out of this.
You just have to know how. That’s why we are here. The 6 reasons we overeat have a solution.
Check out our program at https://rockthatketo.com/sk. It gives you a FAST way out. Your way out could start Right Now, Today!
If you like these tips and would like to get more tips, endless recipes, and lots of inspiration, then come to our free website and sign up for our mailing list. https://RockThatKeto.com .
Act! Don’t React!
Have a Happy, Healthy Day