To help you stick to your goals, you should always keep some “safe” foods on hand when you need something really quick. One of the biggest problems people have getting knocked out of ketosis is eating the wrong thing when you are desperate.
If you get in the habit of keeping these foods in your fridge, you won’t end up grabbing something that will set you back.
Every step you put in front of yourself is a step you can trip over. Take the time to prepare ahead of time, it will pay off big.
Here they are.
- Bacon. I hear that people really like bacon 😉 . In addition to eating it as part of your meal, you can add it to all kinds of dishes to spice up the flavors. You can also keep the grease to add to other cooked foods. Let’s face it, everything is better with bacon.
- Chopped Veggies. Get all the washing, slicing, chopping, done ahead of time. The thought of all the prep that veggies take can be a mental block when you go to make a meal. If they are all done, it let's you be creative in the moment, instead of feeling dread to go through the whole process. Cauliflower, onion, bell pepper, celery, broccolli. Keep it in containers, ready to grab. It makes for easy snacking, and to make snacks as the kids run out the door.
- Leafy green Vegetables. Spring Mix. Spinach. Get the pre washed ones so you can grab and go. They go great in a smoothie. Chard is awesome. Saute's with butter.
- Eggs. Use them as snacks, in baking, for breakfast. They can be made fast and easy if you are in need. You can keep some already boiled for super fast snacks. They are a complete protein. You will probably use them more also if they are already prepped.
- Blueberries. These are one of the few fruits that work with keto. They go great added in with desserts. Also they make great smoothies. Don't wash them ahead of time because they may get moldy. Do have an easy system to wash the ones you are going to eat. Have the strainer or colander handy.
- Precooked protein. Ground meat works and can be thrown in Tacos. Grilled chicken strips can be used in many dishes, including throwing it on top of a salad. You can add it to a quick veggie stir fry with the veggies you made earlier.
- Avocado. 3/4 of the content of avocado is fat. it's a perfect grab snack as well as making it the center of a dish. You can add them to smoothies or guacamole of course. You can put the fried egg in the scooped out spot. Store them in the fridge. They can be frozen, scoop out of peel first.
- Nut milks. Macadamia milk has a nice high fat content.
These last two are only if you are not allergic to Dairy.
- Cream cheese and regular cheese. It's good for use in recipes. Or cream cheese as a spread on veggies.
- Grass Fed butter – filled with CLA/s fatty acid. bone health. Heavy Whipping Cream. You can make sauces, use it in recipes and do whipped cream with berries as a dessert.
If you like these tips and would like to get more tips, endless recipes, and lots of inspiration, then come to our free website and sign up for our mailing list. https://RockThatKeto.com .
Act! Don’t React!
Have a Happy, Healthy Day
Previous: Good Sweeteners for Keto Next: