Why We Overeat – 5 Reasons
You have probably known a woman who was pregnant. Luckily for the human race, it’s still a common situation.
If you are around her, you might witness the odd food cravings she might have.
She’s eating for two, and the baby’s needs are sending signals to the woman.
Since neither the baby nor the stomach can talk to the woman directly, the body tries to send signals about what it needs.
These signals can be misinterpreted wildly. The body might need protein, but the brain interprets it as ice cream! It happens to us all the time, especially if we are deficient in certain nutrients.
There is a phenomenon in certain parts of the South where people eat white clay from the ground. They get addicted to it because their bodies are craving minerals.
We are designed that way
Our bodies are designed to tell us when we need food. It’s a built in survival mechanism.
When we are overweight, we have shame or anger because of it. But it’s not your fault. It is part of your DNA.
The cravings are not your fault. But once you decide to do something about it, changing it does become your responsibility.
For you to deal with overeating, it helps to know why. You might recognize some of your patterns. If you recognize why you are doing something, you have more chance to change it.
Here are 5 of the top reasons why we over eat.
- Eating for pleasure. “I’m not hungry, but there is a cupcake I want, and by God, I’m going to eat it!”. The brain pleasure chemical Dopamine gets stimulated when you eat certain foods.
Food scientists spend all day every day perfecting flavor and texture.
They do this so you will buy their product. When they get the exact flavor where a food becomes irresistible, they have a name for it.
They call it the bliss point. For you, the bliss comes and goes in a moment. The aftermath stays with you.
2. Consciously Overeating. You might have it in your mind that “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. So even if you don’t want breakfast, you will have it because someone convinced you it’s needed.
Just say No. If you aren’t hungry, don’t eat. Marketers strike again.
3. Reward: Maybe your parents rewarded you for good behavior with sweets. So you grow up rewarding yourself for various accomplishments with food. This habit can be redirected to another form of reward.
4. Habit Eating. We get used to a schedule. “I eat every night at 6 pm, no matter what!” Repeating the same thing over and over makes it a habit. You can change the habit, break the schedule. Again, if you aren’t hungry, don’t eat.
5. Food addiction: People show addiction like behavior, just like drugs. Again, this is often from nutritional deficiencies. Your body keeps asking for some vitamin or mineral, but you misinterpret the signal and send sweets, or whatever, instead.
A good nutrition plan can go a long way toward stopping the cravings.
Finding out why we overeat is a huge help also.
There is a way out of this. You just have to know how. That’s why we are here.
Check out our program at https://rockthatketo.com/sk.
It gives you a FAST way out. Your way out could start Right Now, Today!
If you like these tips and would like to get more tips, endless recipes, and lots of inspiration, then come to our free website and sign up for our mailing list. https://RockThatKeto.com .
Act! Don’t React!
Have a Happy, Healthy Day