3 Tricks to Simplify Keto
Here are 3 ways to really keep it simple with your Keto journey. Simplicity is needed because it has the most chance of success over time.
The more complicated your life and your eating habits, the more chance to go wrong.
Here we go.
- Simplify WHAT you are eating. Make a template or framework for each meal. It looks like this.
a: Pick one single protein. It can be any of the usual ones, fish, turkey, pork, beef, chicken, eggs, etc. Don’t try to fancy things up with multiple proteins.
b: Pick out one low carb vegetable. Broccoli, Zucchini, Cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, Bell Peppers….
c: Pick your fat. Cheese, lard, Avocado, mayo, butter, oil, nuts. You can see it’s a little easier to mix fats. You might have a slice of cheese and still put mayo on something, then chomp down on a couple of nuts. As long as you keep your balances, you are fine.
2. Temptations Must Go
If your whole household is on keto, this one is much easier. Remove everything from the house that is not Keto.
Willpower can actually be used up. There are numerous studies that show willpower starts out stronger then weakens as time goes on.
Take away any need to use willpower.
Get rid of:
- Beans – lentil, chickpea, etic. Peanuts are ok in small amounts.
- Sugars – This is obvious. but it includes honey and maple syrup and any other ‘healthy’ sweetener.
- Grains. There are no ‘good’ grains like Amaranth or Teff. Get rid of all of them.
- High sugar fruits. Only berries basically.
- Any Low Fat Dairy. Heavy cream and full fat cheese are good.
- Seed or Vegetable Oils. Corn oil, canola, grapeseed, and especially soybean oil…yuck.
- Anything processed low carb food with hidden carbs.
If you have non keto members of your household, then put all their food in one cabinet so you can avoid it. Put all their stuff in one area of the fridge and keep your separate.
And last of the 3 tricks to Simplify Keto…
- Stock Your Fridge with only Good Stuff
While you are throwing out the ‘bad’ stuff, you need to have plenty of Keto foods available at all times. So you are never left foraging while hungry.
Keep plenty of:
a: Leafy Greens – Spinach, Kale, Swiss chard, lettuce
d: Poultry – chicken and turkey
e: Healthy Fat – coconut oil, butter, avocado oil
f: Full Fat Dairy – Cheese, Heavy Cream
h: Avocados and low carb berries (raspberries).
i: Low Carb Vegetables – asparagus, zucchini, cauliflower, etc.
Those are the 3 Tricks to Simplfy Keto
If you can set this up, your life becomes 10 times easier and smoother. And we need all the help we can get.
If you like these tips and would like to get more tips, endless recipes, and lots of inspiration, then come to our free website and sign up for our mailing list. https://RockThatKeto.com .
Act! Don’t React!
Have a Happy, Healthy Day
You might also like: 8 Keto Tips to make your life easier